Inst. Dynam. Syst. u. Regelungst.
ML K 38
Phone: +41 44 632 94 64
Federico is a PhD candidate with Prof. Raffaello D'Andrea at the Institute for Dynamic Systems and Control (IDSC) at ETH Zurich, Switzerland. Federico received his Master of Science in Robotics, Systems and Control from ETH Zurich in 2011. During his Master Thesis, he contributed to the project Music in Motion by creating algorithms and tools that facilitate the generation of multi-quadrocopter choreographies. After his Master degree, he joined IDSC and worked on the Flight Assembled Architecture installation, a 6-meter tall tower built by quadrocopters out of 1500 foam modules. Currently, his research features aerial construction, physical human-quadrocopter interaction, and coordinated multi-vehicle flight.
Federico received the Willi Studer Award 2012 for the best master degree in Robotics, Systems and Control and the Hans-Eggenberger-Prize 2012 for his Master Thesis.
Federico's research is carried out in the Flying Machine Arena and includes the following:
- F. Augugliaro, A. P. Schoellig, and R. D'Andrea, "Dance of the Flying Machines", IEEE Robotics and Automation Magazine, vol. 20, no. 4, pp. 96-104, December 2013. PDF | IEEE | Video
- J. Willmann, F. Augugliaro, T. Cadalbert, R. D'Andrea, F. Gramazio, and M. Kohler, "Aerial Robotic Construction: Towards a New Field of Architectural Research", International journal of architectural computing, Vol. 10-3, 2012, pp.439-460. PDF
- F. Augugliaro, A. Mirjan, F. Gramazio, M. Kohler, and R. D'Andrea, "Building Tensile Structures with Flying Machines", IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems, 2013. PDF | Video
- F. Augugliaro and R. D'Andrea, "Admittance control for physical human-quadrocopter interaction", European Control Conference, 2013, pp. 1805-1810. PDF
- A. Mirjan, F. Gramazio, M. Kohler, F. Augugliaro, and R. D'Andrea, "Architectural fabrication of tensile structures with flying machines", in Green Design, Materials and Manufacturing Processes. CRC Press, 2013.
- F. Augugliaro, A. P. Schoellig, and R. D'Andrea, "Generation of collision-free trajectories for a quadrocopter fleet: A sequential convex programming approach", IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems, 2012, pp.1917-1922. PDF | Video
- A. P. Schoellig, F. Augugliaro, and R. D'Andrea, "A Platform for Dance Performances with Multiple Quadrocopters", IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems - Workshop on Robots and Musical Expressions, 2010, pp. 1-8. PDF
- A. P. Schoellig, F. Augugliaro, S. Lupashin, and R. D'Andrea, "Synchronizing the Motion of a Quadrocopter to Music", IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, 2010, pp. 3355-3360. PDF
- A. P. Schoellig, H. Siegel, F. Augugliaro and R. D'Andrea, "So You Think You Can Dance? Rhythmic Flight Performances with Quadrocopters", in Controls and Art, A. LaViers and M. Egerstedt, Eds. Springer International Publishing, 2014, pp. 73-105. Springer Link
- Mina Samir Fekry Kamel, Flying With Payloads, Semester Project, Spring 2013
- Maximilian Brunner, Modeling and control of lighter than air robots, Bachelor Thesis, Spring 2013
- Marvin Rueppel, Music Driven Trajectory Generation, Semester Project, Fall 2012
- Andreas Pfrunder, Aerial object manipulation - A literature review, Studies on Mechatronics, Fall 2012
Signals & Systems, Fall 2013, teaching assistant